23 August 2012

the yum yum

during Raya, 90% of the things I ate
are jellies, puddings, cakes, muffins, ice-creams.....
well, you get the drift
the only substantial food I ate was
damn spicy noodle soup (I made the 'sambal')
and only 2-3 satays (I helped putting them on stick with my cousies)
so not healthy rite...
heee
:p

the red velvet cake that Suti made
it was freaking delicious
and I'm ashamed to say, I'm the reason it finished so quickly
just can't stop myself.!.
even got the last slice
tihihi
(#^_^#)

I think these were from 'Rumah Pudding'
it was a house that we went every year
and it always has this one succulent custard pudding
and other kinds of deserts too


the 1st 3 bowls of trifles that I was making with Yam 

 we made the custard sweeter than necessary
tihihi
>.<


me, slicing up the peaches for the layers
and of course eating bits of it a little
hoho 


 finito.!.
but we didn't put the 3rd layer; the jelly
so, maybe this was a doubles
(?_^)\



 the 2nd batch was my own doing
decided to make it before I went home yesterday

 this time, I used some sour black cherries too
but I used the juice from the peaches to soak up the cake (1st layer) a bit


we called the cherries 'scarab beetles'
since we were watching The Mummy Returns at that time
hahaha

but this time, I did put the jelly
I used the juice from the cherries to make it
so, my trifles had that sweet-sour taste to them
depending on which one you bite into 1st


the first (of many) bowl
I ate it after about 1 hour cooling it in the fridge
just couldn't resist
/(^^, )

 helping mommy making 'kuih gunting'
one of my fav snacks
this was the 2nd batch
the 1st finished before Raya
hahaha
'-_-

  Enab made a mistake while trying to make choco indulgence (I think)
too many cocoa powder


 going okay on the next try
I'm just helping her a bit 


the finished cake


now she was putting in the fillings and all
it had 4 layers if I'm not mistaken 


it was pretty nice, considering it was her 1st try
good job.!.
v(^.^)

but now, I'm home
so, maybe I should lay down the sweets for a while
my blood can be used as syrup as it is
;p

No comments: